Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nothing in particular...

I don't really have anything to write about. It's late, I'm tired. There's a sink full of dirty dishes and writing is more avoidance than anything else. I've already checked the yahoo group I belong to for foreign women married to Japanese men. Nothing new, just a discussion of favorite TV shows and which hospitals allow pain relief while giving birth. (Note to self: do not give birth in Japan. No wonder the birthrate is so low. Pain makes you bond with your baby? Puh-leeze!)

I could clean off my desk since it is piled high with crayons, cellphone bills, teaching materials, glue sticks and preschool info (all in Japanese, argh, where is my kanji dictionary? what the hell does that character mean?) We are having house guests next week and my house looks like the rubbish monster urped all over it. (See the previous post about my built-in babysitter being gone all this week. No babysitter=Hellhole of a condo)

So tomorrow I'm planning more avoidance. I'm going to a flea market and an arts and crafts fair in the same morning. Because nothing cleans your house like bringing in a load of more crap.

All right, I'm going to wash dishes and go to bed.

No comments: