Thursday, February 12, 2009

The winds they are a-blowin'


I'm at my desk after frantically securing everything not tied down on my balcony. To understand this, you have to realize that my balcony is where I hang the laundry, store the 4+ trash cans needed for sorting garbage, grow a few scraggly plants, and let my boys play when the weather is nice. We are having gale force winds and the infamous "kousa" or yellow sands of China blow through. The air is gray and I used my dryer today to avoid polluted clothes. Just as well, since any clothes on the line would have blown off by now and some perv would be fondling my underpants.

The weather matches my mood. Blustery, gray and irritated. Wednesday was a national holiday, Constitution Memorial Day, but I had the same stomach bug that my boys had last week. Hubby was in a foul mood and not very helpful. Grandma also caught the bug at the exact same time, so I was getting no help from my usual sources. It was a very long day and by the end of it, I just wanted to crawl in my bed and never come out. Of course, hubby catches it the next day and I'm all sympathetic, but what I really wanted to do was ignore him and make him figure out meals for small hungry children.

I'm still in a foul mood and I know that I will get nothing for Valentine's day since this is Japan and women give the chocolate to the men here. That's another post. I did remind the master of my house, that I am American and he better produce something. Not exactly romantic, but at least he can't claim that he forgot.

And now I must end this here and get some lunch. I also need to plan my Friday English class for the preschool set. Yippee. At least they can practice, "It's windy!"

No comments: