Monday, May 11, 2009

Emptyish nest


DS2 started hoikuen/daycare today. I only have him there until noon, so I'm frantically doing all those things I'd promised myself I'd do. I've done 2o minutes of a Pilates DVD, taken a shower, had a late breakfast, and now I'm blogging.

What I still need to do is: prep for my class this evening, email the schedule for English storytime to the library, start (!) my taxes for 2008, and clean out the entrance hall of the ten million shoes that have accumulated there.

Which segues nicely into why my genkan (entrance hall) is so cluttered. We went clamming for Asari (Manila) clams on Saturday. It was a total bust. DS2 kept slipping on the very rocky beach, DS1 kept putting empty clams in our bucket. Actually, it wasn't a total bust. They had fun and we got them away from the evil influence of the TV, which is all they want to do on the weekends these days. So now my genkan has clam digging trowels and buckets and beach shoes and sandy pants that need to be emptied outside.

And I now have 1 hour and 40 minutes before DS2 needs to be picked up.

No comments: