Saturday, November 10, 2007

Contemplating my fuzzy navel

I shipped my husband off to Germany today. I thought I handled it rather well. I took the boys to the Child Baby Station at the Social Welfare center and they played for a couple of hours. We came back for a nice meal at Grandma and Grandpa's. The boys got bathed and then I left Tak with Grandma for the night while I took Kai home with me to the hellhole.

All is calm in my 3DK apartment and so I'm blogging and drinking a canned fuzzy navel. What's more zen than navel gazing? The 5% alcohol also helps too.

I'm still struggling with what my role is going to be for the next few years. I feel like Berlin after the wall fell. Giddy with new freedom, but scared sh-tless that I'll miss the tyranny of my former life. There is something to be said for the devil you know.

So, I'll keep on writing and set some new goals. I'll make some new friends and miss my old ones. I'll try to remember to parent positively when all I really want to do is yell horrible things at my 4 year-old. I'll apologize to the same 4 year-old when snarly mom appears and actually yells those things. I'll remind myself that it's the journey, not the destination, and smoother roads lie ahead. And when everything else fails, I'll remember that in 35 days I get to move to a brand new condo where I don't have to worry as much about the mosquitoes, cockroaches, sewer gas and lead paint.

No comments: