Friday, November 16, 2007

Pilgrimage to Costco

Just returned from a trip to Fukuoka and a pilgrimage to Costco. The gods of commerce demand a high price. I spent close to $300 and I'm not even sure what I bought. I love Costco. The non-materialist in me screams as I admit that, but there is something so relaxing about strolling the aisles of a warehouse. It would be more relaxing if I didn't have two small children with me, but at least Grandma and Grandpa were trying to keep tabs on them.

I admired the large snack selections, the American and Japanese sized clothing, the Belgian chocolates, and of course, the bakery items. I bought a pumpkin pie which we ate at my sister-in-law's house. I debated the frozen turkey, but since I don't have an oven, it was a moot point. I wanted to buy the six-foot tall artificial Christmas tree, but even my mother-in-law's mini-van would not hold it and all the crap that we lugged from Hikari to Fukuoka for a four day visit.

I'll end this here, while I munch on peanut butter filled pretzels and Disney animal crackers. My only regret is that I forgot to buy baby wipes. And maybe a box of chocolate...

1 comment:

Chris said...

If you can read Japanese, "google"
Costco21 and you can shop costco online and have it delivered next day sometimes.


Aloha!