Tuesday, April 7, 2009

And April arrived

DS1 started the new school year last week. He's in the Wisteria class and gets to wear a green hat to school this year, instead of a purple one. He's officially a Nen-chou, which means getting him ready for 1st grade next year. The hiragana practice (Japanese syllabary, instead of alphabet) has commenced. We are slacker parents and have never encouraged him to learn how to write in any language. Though occasionally, I dig out the alphabet books and hope he will want to practice.

DS2 is a holy terror. He is too big and too strong for his 4'11" grandma to handle when he has a tantrum. I spend most of my days planning outings so that he doesn't watch more than the recommended daily allowance of TV. Having said that, I'm filling out the paperwork to enroll him in the 2 yo class at big brother's daycare/preschool. I wasn't going to do it, but a temper tantrum at our local Jusco involving Grandma and resulting in a hurried trip by me to the supercenter, convinced me to enroll him at least two days a week.

Anywho, the cherry blossoms are out. Our house in Seattle is sold pending inspection. And I'm still contemplating who I am, what I'm doing (or not doing) and how much chocolate a person can eat before she explodes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would I be enabling you if I offered to send good chocolates on occasion?