Tuesday, March 11, 2008

8:35 p.m.

The husband called to let me know that he would be very late tonight as opposed to "normal" late. I appreciated the call and I hurried the kids home from Grandma and Grandpa's just in time to watch the last two episodes of Anpanman (Bean Paste Bun Man). I fed them a delicious meal of leftover rice, nori, apple, kiwi, Grandma's fried chicken. I watched the four year-old melt down from sheer exhaustion. I scrubbed the bath tub and hit the auto-fill button. I listened to the cheery chime telling me the bath tub was filled and took stock of my children.

Oldest one is passed out in his preschool uniform on the couch. Youngest one is lining up every train, truck, automobile, etc. on the hot carpet. I asked him if he wanted to take a bath. He said no. I didn't argue, I just put the cover on the tub and I figure I'll ask again in another 10 minutes. I looked at the clock, 8:35. The little one took a late nap and will probably resist sleep for at least another hour. The big one is still passed out in spite of the fact that Tak keeps hitting the sound buttons on the trains and fire truck.

Cell phone rings at 8:45. Husband on the way home, only late, not very late. Tak now wants to take a bath. And I've successfully added to my blog. Not bad for a Tuesday evening in our happy home.

No comments: